Recent QuestionsQ: I am interested in Deluxe Tabs MAC Style.
However before I do I want to make sure that:
- I can change the buttons pictures on both the first row and the second row. There has to be a <img src=" " > tag in the code somewhere, correct?
- I can expand or diminish the number of buttons and links
- Also, I have a question: if I am on "Mac Tab 1" menu, and I click on "Mac Tab 2" menu without clicking on any of the links onthe second row, what is the page that I see? Do I see by default Link 2_1 or do I see some kind of generic page? In other words is there a "main" page for each tab menu and then you have the other pages which correspond to Link 2_1, Link 2_2, etc.?
- Is it possible to remember a visited sub-menu? For example I am on "Mac Tab 2/Link 2_3" and I go to "Mac Tab 4/Link 4_2" and then I come back to "Mac Tab 2". Can the main page for this "Mac Tab 2" be Link 2_3 which was my last visited link on that tab?
A: 1) No, there is no such tag - <img src=" " >
For the main items you should set such parameters:
bbeforeItemImage - left part of the item
bafterItemImage - right part of the item
bitemBackImage - center part of the item
in normal, mouseover and selected states.
And for the subitems (in MAC template) you should set onlybitemBackImage - the center part of the item.
Please, see the code of this template.
2) You can create any number of the buttons and links.
3) You can set links for main items and for the subitems.
var bmenuItems =
["Mac Tab 1","http://deluxe-menu.com",,,,,,],
So, if you click on "Mac Tab 1" you will go to http://deluxe-menu.com
And if you write so
["Mac Tab 1","",,,,,,],
no page will open.
Q: Mouseover "QUICK LINKS" at the top. The bottom java menu navigation item is falling behind the mainnav table.
It works fine in FireFox. Any suggestions?
A: Try to add a high z-index for the DIV with top menu, for example:
<DIV id=containerHeaderNav style="POSITION: absolute; z-index:50;">
Q: I'm having trouble getting some of my dhtml menus free opening in the frm2. If you look under products, then Hard drives, then Rugged Airborne .....this one and Rugged Ground will not open in frm2 but the Contact Us and Get Quote are working fine. Can you help me get these things to open in a frm2.
A: You should write your menu items correctly.
Now you have
["||Rugged Airborne","../RuggedAirborne.htm","Airborne,"frm2","0", ],
["||Rugged Ground","../RuggedGround.htm","Ground","frm2","0", ],
it is not correct.
You should write:
["||Rugged Airborne","../RuggedAirborne.htm","","","Airborne,"frm2","0", ],
["||Rugged Ground","../RuggedGround.htm","","","Ground","frm2","0", ],
Q: I am spending a lot more time and have figured a few things out. One more question please: How do I specify the target link I want a dhtml submenu to go to?
I see HREF specified in the code, but no where in the program to specify it.
A: See, the following parameter sets target for all items
If you want to set different target for each item you should set it inthe "Item Parameters" window. Choose your item in the main window andset target in the target field.