Hello. I had a question about the vista templates. Is it possible to extend the width on the java menu buttons to get more text in them? I put to much text and the button is repeating itself. Is there a way to extend the width of the button without the repeat? A: See images in Vista Templates have the fixed width and height (92 x 21).
You can try to use the following parameter to use combinedbackground for your items, for example:
var beforeItemImage = [,]; //left-side image for normal and mouse over state
var itemBackImage = [,]; //background or image for normal and mouse over state
var afterItemImage = [,]; //right-side image for normal and mouse over state
var beforeItemImageW = '';
var afterItemImageW = '';
var beforeItemImageH = '';
var afterItemImageH ='';
But you should create a small images in any Graph Editor, for example:
I'm having multiple problems with this now, I'm using this sight in the horizontal cross-frame style. And using the CSS-type layout.
1. This appears to be working fine in Firefox but I can't see the Menu or frames in Internet Explorer.
2. I have changed the colors in the data.js and the css-mode.css files and still can't change the subMenu background colors. ( I have put everything back like it was, but for example if I want to change the submenu or drop down menu background color to grey and the mouseover color to red where do I change that at)? Do I edit the .css file or the data.js file
3. I can't get the links to open in the bottom frame ( I know you will see that it's set to _blank now, but I tried setting the var itemTarget="_bottommenu"; and the code in the menu section at the bottom of the data.js to the same but it still doesn't seem to work. Can you help me out here?
I have attached the sight so that you can see what I'm dealing with.
Once again, thanks for your help and any advice. A: 1) Your menu works fine in all browsers.
2) Your should add the following line into the bottommenu.htm file.
<link href="data-samples/css-mode.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>
You should set the item color for the submenus in your css file initemNormal and itemOver styles.
3) You should use the following parameter to set a frame name:
["Home","testlink.htm", "css/icon1.gif", "css/icon12.gif", "Home", "frm2", "0", "0", , ],
["Products","", "css/icon2.gif", "css/icon22.gif", "Products", , "0", , , ],
["||Linux Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
["||Windows Compatible","testlink.htm", , , , "frm2",],
I still am having no luck with Firefox showing an Incorrect Copyright nag (Again, just Firefox for Mac; no problem with other browsers.)
Also, I am still requiring a long delay to keep the pop-up window open from loading as the page loads. Script reads:
deluxePopupWindow.attachToEvent(win,'openAfter=,,onClick=Image2,,,') }, 'load') A: Delete 'openAfter=' at all from deluxePopupWindow.attachToEventfunction (in all files):
In that case popup windows won't show till you click on the images.
You should write NOSCRIPT tag in the following way:
<noscript><a href="http://deluxepopupwindow.com">menu drop down by DeluxePopupWindow.com</a></noscript>
I've just checked it. There is no nag message in Firefox in that case.But notice that you won't have nag message on your website only. On alocal machine you'll have nag message.
Can your menu, when placed in a master page, be propagated throughout an application's sub-folders
or will the html menu need to be added to each page separately?A: If you don't want to create your menu on each page you can use a
server-side script (php, asp, vb, etc.) to generate html pages from
templates on your server.
you should move parameters of a menu from a .js file into an html-page, e.g.:
<!-- Deluxe Menu -->
<!-- (c) 2006, http://deluxe-menu.com -->
// and describe parameters of a menu
var menuItems = [
// here you generate items using server-side scripts (php, asp, vb, etc.)
The example of the menu working with PHP/MYSQL you can find here:
You can use cross frame menu. It allows you to build full-featured menus on the pages
that use frame-based structure. And it's not necessary to insert any code into all the pages -
just specify the additional parameters of the menu and initialize it.
To install the menu in a cross-frame mode, see more info here: