Recent QuestionsQ: I will probably purchase your developer version mostly because I want access to the 600 icons....
1) Do you offer access to these icons with any other license for css drop down menu?
2) I develop sites for several clients, what is involved for them to make small changes to their menus... i.e. add or delete a menu item or sub-item... Will they need to purchase a license to make changes?
3) Does the developer version access your site at runtime? I do not have a problem registering my client sites and getting a key... I just want to make sure at runtime their site does not contact yours.
A: 1) Icon collection is available in Developer licenses only.
2) No, there is no need to purchase the license in that case.
3) No, script doesn't access our site at runtime.
Developer version of the script doesn't check reg. keys at all.
With the Developer license you can use the menu on an unlimited number of Internet or Intranet sites and on the local machines.
This version of the css drop down menu doesn't check keys and it isn't bound to a domain name,so it can be used with an application that doesn't have a fixed domain name.
Q: Is it possible to have menu items act like regular hyperlinks?
For instance in Firefox I like to "middle click" hyperlinks to open them in a new tab, or in IE right click and open in new window.
However with Deluxe-Menu this does not seem to work.
A: If you want to open your links in the new window you should set the item target parameter to "_blank", for example:
var menuItems = [
["Home","testlink.html", , , , "_blank", , , , ],
You can include also any html code in the Item Text.
["<a href='http://deluxe-menu.com/'>Home</a>","", , , , , , , , ],
Q: Do I need any additional loaded software as a visitor to a webplace using the Deluxmenu, for example Java applet, flash etc.?
A: You don't have to install additional software.
There is no way to enable these preferences automatically, in othercase there are no reasons to create security preferences.
A: The identifiers in these links are additional parameters.
<div id="dmlinks" style="font:undefined;color:#000000;text-decoration:none">
<a id="dmI0" href="testlink.html">Home</a>
<a id="dmI2" href="testlink.html">Features</a>
<a id="dmI4" href="testlink.html">Description of Files</a>
You can delete these identifiers or leave them.