Recent QuestionsQ: I think I am almost there.
I would like to know a couple of things.
Why the menu does not float?
Why I cannot centre the menu?
A: When you use floatable menu you can't use relative menu position.
So, if you use
var absolutePos = 0;
and to center the menu you use <p> or <div> with the center alignment your menu won't float.
To center your floatable menu you should set absolute coordinates.
var absolutePos = 1;
Q: Is it possible to insert an item at the top of the submenu in the popup menu?
A: To insert item in the specific position you should use thefollowing function:
function dm_ext_addItemPos (menuInd, submenuInd, iParams, Pos)
Q: Hi, I need to know if it is possible to accomplish the following functionalities with your tree-menu library.
1. I need to have two or more trees in the same page
3. I need to eliminate the nodes that has check=true
4. I need to populate on-demand the tree using AJAX
5. I need to implement drag&drop through the use of the mouse events on the tree nodes
6. How would the tree behave with 10000 nodes??
7. I need to have a tree within another element that uses scroll
such as a DIV or SPAN (fixed area). When collapsed or expanded, the area should remain its original size.
A: 1. You can add any number of the menus on the one page.
2, 3, 5. Yes, you can do it. But you should create your own server-side script (for example, php) that will do it. The menu doesn't support such a feature.
4. Unfortunately, you can't use the AJAX-like technology in the Deluxe Tree such as in Deluxe Menu.
6. It is possible that the loading speed can be lower if the menu is very large. But it doesn't take so much time.
Yes, you can notice some delay in IE, but in over browsers it works better.
Deluxe Tree works fast, but 10000 is a large value. Please, try atrial version of Deluxe Tree.
I tried to create large menus on my machine: P4 3GHz, 512RAM WinXP SP2
- 1000 items ~ 10 sec
- 2000 items ~ 40 sec
7. You can paste Deluxe Tree into the <table> or <div>.
Q: I have a Dynamic tree menu now.
A: Theoretically you can do it.
Try to use
function and call
function dtreet_ext_changeItem (menuInd, itemID, itemParams)
function in it.
You should create Individual item style for this item and and assignthis style when you click on the item.